City of London Affordable Homeownership Assistance Program
Your application must be in by March 31st each year with your Agreement to Purchase.
It is an interest free loan - qualifying home buyers may receive down payment assistance of 5% toward the cost of the home and another 3% to assist with closing costs.
APPLYING FOR HOME OWNERSHIP ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
- You can call 519-661-2500 extension 5524, e-mail Housing to have an application mailed out to you, drop by the Housing Division (267 Dundas Street, 3rd Floor) and pick up an application or download the application from the website http://www.housing.london.ca/NewAffordableHousingProgram/HomeOwnership.htm
- The Application package includes the Preliminary Application Form (HO-01), Bank Verification of Income and Assets Form (H0-02), and an Affidavit (H0-03) and an application for Eligible Property (H0-04)
- Complete the application by following the instructions that are available to you on the application form and supply with documentation requested.
- All potential Home Ownership applicants must participate in a session on becoming a homeowner.
- When the application is completed the Housing Division will review your application for eligibility.
- Select purchasers will be notified by letter.
- Please see our Frequently Asked Questions for more information.
- To apply for the Home Ownership Assistance Program, download and print the application form using Adobe Acrobat Reader.